- 2 bedrooms sleeping up to 5
– double bedroom
– double bed & single bed
- tiled modern shower room with toilet & wash basin
- open plan kitchen, dining & living area
- solid pine flooring throughout with slate tiles in kitchen area
- living area with wood burning stove, tv & dvd
- dining table with 4 chairs
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- electric oven & hob
- microwave, fridge & small freezer
- separate utility area with washing machine & dryer
- iron & ironing board
- two sets of veranda doors opening out to court yard
- large communal garden and patio area
- rural location with views of rolling countryside and Croghan Mountain
- ideal for animal lovers with farm animals, stables for horses available
- private off road parking
Buttercup Cottage is one of five cottages at Toberpatrick Cottages in County Wicklow. These cottages are stone built and ooze with “Old World” Charm. Set on a quiet country road in a tranquil rural setting, the cottages are part of 170 acre stud and beef farm at the foot of Croghan Mountain, which boasts fine views of rolling hills and distant valleys. Explore the area through the many hill walking routes where you can enjoy the best Angling or Fishing in Wicklow.
The Kinsella Family have worked towards offering their guests the feeling of stepping back in time. You will meet many of the friendly little dogs, donkeys, horses and cattle. The cuckoo still returns every year, which today is very rare.
An ideal base from which to plan an angling holiday. Wild Brown Trout are plentiful in the rivers and lakes of the Wicklow Mountains, along with good seasonal runs of Sea Trout. For the sea angler, Bass, Smooth Hound, Tope, and Grey Mullet to specimen size can be targeted from the local coastline, along with a range of lesser species such as Codling, Flounder, and Mackerel.
Further attractions include a local equestrian centre, golf courses, arts centre as well as many Wicklow attractions that are easily accessible.
Dublin – 50 miles; Wexford – 45 miles; Rosslare – 60 miles; Tinahely (4 miles) the nearest village; Aughrim (5 miles) -award winning village; Gorey town (9 miles) – great shopping town; Avoca (11 miles) – home to Avoca handweaving & TV series Ballykissangel; The Gap Pub – 3 miles. Nearby Activities – Horse Riding – Fishing – Golfing – Wicklow Way Walking – Beaches 11 miles.
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The cottage can be accessed up following the lane in front of you. Unfortunately the cottage is not viewable but you can get a great idea what the surrounding countryside is like.
Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location. Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view.
Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday …
“Driving from Dublin is a short drive into a really beautiful part of the country”
John & Sarah UK
“It was the simple things like picking mushrooms and going back to the cottage to cook them which made the place unique.”
“There were four puppies born the night before we left. We enjoyed this holiday better than Portugal ” Lorraine – California
“Even though it’s winter we still found lots to do. ”
Lauren & Joanne UK
“I recommend this place to everyone and would dearly love to come back ”
Keith & Caroline Portsmouth England
|Prices per week||
|Rest of Year||
|Bank holiday weekends add €50||
- €100 deposit cheque secures booking with balance payable one month prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 11am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday except by special arrangement
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- €30 charge for electricity, logs, heating
- coal available at cost price
- €25 charge per pet
Contact owner by email:
Contact owner by phone:
Jane & Kieran Kinsella
087 6831 641 (Jane) irl
087 9947 918 (Kieran) irl
+ 353 87 6831 641(Jane) intl
+ 353 87 9947 918 (Kieran) intl