- 4 bedrooms sleeping up to 7 – double bedroom 1st floor, mountain views – double room 1st floor, garden & mountain views – twin bedroom ground floor, mountain views – single room ground floor, lovely garden views
- bathroom and overhead shower on ground floor
- shower room & w.c. on 1st floor, pumped electric shower
- living room has open fireplace
- comfortable seating with tv/dvd/video and high quality CD system
- books & board games available
- fully equipped spacious kitchen
- old farmhouse table (7 chairs) & oil fired range
- ceramic hob and electric oven
- large fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave
- washing machine & tumble dryer & washing line
- iron and ironing board
- large utility room for golf & hiking gear etc.
- small study with garden views
- patio with wooden furniture and charcoal barbecue
- high chair & cot available on request
- bed linen & towels provided
- ample parking for two cars
- cottage situated on 5 acres ensuring peace and tranquillity
- stunning views over the Wicklow Mountains
The cottage is tucked away at the end of a leafy lane off a quiet country road, in a peaceful wooded valley surrounded by mountains and glens, pretty little streams and great views to the summit of Lugnaquilla, at over 3000 feet, the highest mountain in Ireland outside of Kerry.
The cottage is beautifully restored and is the perfect base for an activity or sightseeing visit to this pretty part of Ireland. Furthermore its only a short drive to Glendalough, one of the world’s most spectacular monastic sites.
If you prefer to do little or nothing, you’ll find it’s also an ideal spot for relaxing. With a lovely traditional kitchen, sitting room with open fire, four bedrooms, study, two bathrooms and a utility room as well as ample space outside, it’s just a great venue for a family or group of friends to get together.
Whilst you’ll appreciate the total privacy and seclusion afforded by the wonderful location, a wide range of pretty villages such as Aughrim, Laragh and Rathdrum are only fifteen or twenty minutes away and provide a good range of shops and supermarkets. Importantly for a self catering break in Ireland, each has a decent range of pubs and restaurants.
The Sunday Business Post said ‘Tucked away in a forested valley in the Wicklow mountains, the 19th century Aughavannagh Cottage is lovingly restored with all mod cons. Located on the mid-way point of the Wicklow Way, it is an ideal base to explore nearby glens, old military roads, pilgrim trails and remote mountain routes and Glendalough and Brittas Bay beach are less than half an hour away’.
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The cottage is unfortunately not viewable but is close by. You can nevertheless appreciate the countryside. Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday …
‘A lovely cottage – we had a fabulous stay and really enjoyed the whole holiday – lots to do and very peaceful area. Memorable views from the bedrooms and some really beautiful walks. A great pub nearby proved a tremendous attraction!’ Nicola C
Aughavannagh Cottage was recently described by The Irish Times as “High in the Wicklow Mountains, just the most picture perfect example of a country home. It retains the 19th century cottage feel, but with all the comforts of a good home away from home.”
The Sunday Business Post said; “Tucked away in a forested valley in the Wicklow mountains, the 19th century Aughavannagh Cottage is lovingly restored with all mod cons. Located on the mid-way point of the Wicklow Way, it is an ideal base to explore nearby glens, old military roads, pilgrim trails and remote mountain routes and Glendalough and Brittas Bay beach are less than half an hour away.”
Prices per week
July & August €1200
May, June & September €800
Jan – April, Oct – December €600
- €300 deposit cheque secures booking with balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday except by special arrangement
- €300 refundable damage deposit payable on arrival
- bed linen & towels provided
What’s Not Included
- electricity & oil central heating metered at cost
Property listed here since: October 2009
Contact owner by email:
David & Valerie
(01) 535 6650 irl
+353 1 535 6650 intl