- 2 sizes of cottage available either 3 or 4 bedrooms
– master bedroom with ensuite shower room
– twin single rooms
- spacious living room with comfortable leather couches
- solid fuel stove
- flat screen wall mounted tv
- wireless internet available
- audio home entertainment system
- geothermal underfloor heating & solar panels
- central vacuuming
- fully equipped modern kitchen
- double electric oven & hob, microwave
- fridge, freezer & dishwasher
- separate purpose built laundry room
- linen & towels included
- kids playshed & library facility
- pets welcome
- large car parking space
- farm tours
- private enclosed garden with patio furniture and barbecue
Our four star cottages are situated on Rossana Farm, a working farm of limousin cattle and sheep, a five minute walk from the tranquil village of Ashford, County Wicklow, where the famous Robinsonian gardens of Mount Usher are located.
A 45 minute drive from Dublin port and city centre with Bus Eireann passing the driveway or a 7 minute taxi journey from Wicklow train station, the owners, Eugene and Margaret Stephens, are available to collect guests from the railway stations at either Wicklow or Greystones.
These magnificent stone built light airy retreats are environmentally friendly and aware through the use of modern eco geothermal underfloor heating and solar panels to fill the house with warmth. We also provide composting and recycling facilities onsite.
Each property has its own self contained garden with patio furniture and barbecue for those long lazy summer days. You have plenty of space to relax and enjoy the outdoors and are free to pick fresh herbs for that gourmet meal.
Guests are most welcome to tour the farm with Eugene and also visit his collection of tractors and yesteryear farm items located in the farmyard. With ample car parking and bicycle parking too for those who wish to cycle the 1 km to the nearby village of Ashford for the famous Avoca Cafe at Mount Usher, shops, pubs and takeaway.
For wet days there is a kids playshed with books and toys.
During your stay you might wish to visit Brittas Bay beach, Glendalough, the races at Punchestown (73km) or Leopardstown (36km), Dublin City Centre or go shopping at Arklow. There’s sure to be something to suit all ages and interests.
Not displaying correctly? Click to view
The lane ahead through the stone pillars leads up to Rossana Farm. Rotating the view is available by the controls just above the + symbol. Clicking on the arrows on the road enables you to move location.
Click the marker (changes to red on rollover) in the top left for map view. Please note the address provided by Google Maps in the top left corner is not always accurate.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy your holiday …
|Prices p/week €||
|July / August / Sept||
|Rest of Year||
|Nightly (2 nights min)||
- €100 deposit secures booking with balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival
- check in 4pm, check out 10am or by prior arrangement
- rental Saturday to Saturday except by special arrangement
- linen/towels supplied free of charge
- electricity included
- central heating included
- wifi included
What’s Not Included
Property listed here since: June 2013
Contact owner by email:
Contact owner by phone:
Margaret and Eugene Stephens
Phone: (after 6pm)
(0404) 40831 irl
+353 404 40831 intl
086 338 4695 irl
+ 353 86 338 4695 intl